So this happened.
I have a habit of gathering all the necessary ingredients before starting my kitchen adventure. This sounds like a perfect and organised idea but not when the laptop is part of it. I need my kitchen beats which is actually a Youtube playlist by my boy. So every time I cook, my is laptop there and sometimes I worry about cooking my laptop too. This very laptop which I am now using had been covered in flour, butter on its trackpad and maybe a little too much honey on its screen. So thank you my lovely laptop for staying intact despite all these hardships. And for this recipe , a little too much desiccated coconut might have been spilled on the keyboard. But its well worth the sacrifice because the scones came out so well with the yummy smell of coconuts. For nuts lovers , do add in a handful of crushed almonds for an extra crunch to your scones. This is another healthy wholemeal snack and breakfast!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp cinnamon powder
5 tbsp cold salted butter
2 medium sized ripe bananas (mashed)
1/4 cup milk of choice
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1) Combine flour, desiccated coconut, cinnamon and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
2) Using a knife, cut the cold butter into the flour. Make sure it is cut into tiny pieces.
3) Add the mashed bananas into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make up one cup of liquid. Add the vanilla essence to the mixture.
4) Pour the wet mixture into the mixing bowl and mix well. Knead the dough using your hands to ensure that it is well combined.
5) Roll the dough into a large ball and flatten it to form a dough slightly thicker than a thick pizza crust. Cut the dough into eight slices and lay it apart on a lined baking tray.
6) Baked for 15 minutes at 160 degrees.