2014 was a long year for me. Many things happened , some of those were blessings while others were not. But all in all, it was a great year. I am not into making new year resolutions because its just too hard to follow. So this year, I just want to live life to the fullest, eat , laugh and love. So to start the new year, here is a recipe which will definitely put a smile on your face.
3 cups butternut squash ( diced )
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons concentrated chicken stock
1 onion ( chopped )
Bunch of curry leaves ( amount based on personal preference )
1 cup milk
Pinch of chilli flakes
1) Bake the diced butternut squash at 170 degrees for around 30 minutes or till the skin browns. Peel the skin off the diced pieces after it cools.
2) In a pan, heat the butter and allow it to brown slightly. Add in the chicken stock and onion. Fry till the onion softens before adding in the baked butternut squash.
3) Using a potato masher, mash the butternut squash and onions in the pan. Turn off the fire.
4) Add in the milk and stir.
5) Separate the curry leaves from the stalk and bake it in the oven for around 3 minutes till it turns crispy. Alternatively, you could pop it into the oven while it is still warm after baking the butternut squash.
6) Using a blender, blend together the mashed mixture, curry leaves , chilli flakes and black pepper.
Mix into some cooked whole wheat pasta for a wholesome meal! Bon appétit !