Writing this all the way from the current 3rd place holder of Lonely Planet’s, ‘Cities to Visit’ . The beautiful capital of Lithuania, Vilnius. Not enough is written about this great city. Besides being the home of my boy , it is absolutely beautiful and interesting. Every time I visit, I feel so welcomed and comfortable that overstaying is not an issue. So many interesting eats that I should probably document it all and post it. Today I found turkey at the supermarket which is uncommon in Singapore so I decided to make some meatballs. Turkey is a great source of protein and leaner and healthier meat choice.
500g ground turkey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 white onion ( minced )
6 cloves garlic ( minced )
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1) In a small pan, add the olive oil and heat it. Add in the onion and garlic. Fry till the onion softens and browns.
2) Mix the cooked onion and garlic, turkey , egg , soy sauce , tomato paste and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix till well combined.
3) On a lined baking tray, use a spoon to form little tablespoon of meatballs and drop it on the tray
4) Bake at 170 degrees for around 20 minutes or till the top of the meatball turns slightly brown
5) Remove the meatballs from the oven and gently pan fry for a few minutes to ensure that the meatballs dries up