I love combining ingredients from the East and West to create my own flavours. This salad dressing was a result of my experimentation and it turned out to be great. Be creative with the ingredients and mix in some cherry tomatoes, arugula, grapes and chopped corn. A perfect salad for a light lunch or dinner.
1/4 cup of cooked pasta
1/2 zucchini ( cubed )
1/2 chicken breast
1/2 carrot ( julienned )
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame sauce
1.5 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp cajun mix
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1) Place the cubed zucchini on a lined baking tray and sprinkle black pepper over the zucchini. Baked at 170 degrees for 20 minutes.
2) Coat the chicken breast with cajun powder and leave it in the fridge while the zucchini cooks. When the zucchini is ready, transfer the chicken breast to the oven and bake at 190 degrees for 20 minutes.
3) Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the cooked zucchini , pasta and carrot strips.
5) Allow the chicken to cool for about 10 minutes before chopping it or shredding into smaller pieces. Mix it into the large bowl.
6) Pour the dressing over and mix well.