I try to eat clean most of the time but sometimes just to remind myself that I am human , I indulge a little. I have fond memories of my grandma signalling to me from the kitchen when I was a kid. And I knew exactly what to expect. It would always be the contrabands like sweets, jellies or other goodies. I was allergic to artificial food colouring when I was young and had massive weird lumps whenever I had food with too much colouring. But I would remember those tiny jelly cups which were so colourful. More than that, I remember my grandma’s love. It really does make me miss her a lot. Now that I am all grown up, I have outgrown the allergy. But she is no longer around to offer me those jelly cups .
3 packets jelly powder ( Do not use Konnyaku jelly powder as it way too hard. I used a soft jelly powder from Phoon Huat)
1 can condensed milk
3 teaspoon gelatin
3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup room temperature water
1) Prepare the jellies in three separate bowls based on the instructions given on the packaging
2) After the jellies have formed , cut it into cubes and place all the jellies in one huge bowl. Put it back into the refrigerator.
3) Add the gelatin into 3/4 cup of boiling water. Mix till the gelatin has dissolved before adding in the room temperature water.
4) Mix the condensed milk into the water and allow it to cool completely before pouring it into the bowl with the cubed jellies. This is crucial as the mixture might melt the jellies if it is too warm.
5) Place the bowl back into the refrigerator and the jelly should form after about 5 hours.