Recently , I injured myself during my gym routine. Given that this injury was accumulated over time, I was advised to stop gym for a month at least. Instead of taking this as a long holiday for my body, I decided to explore alternative exercises. So now I am swimming daily , doing light weights, loads of stretching and even got a resistance band. I am really excited to see how things could work out . So whenever we are faced with a problem, always look for an alternative. Do not deny yourself of the opportunity to start something new.
Adapted from recipe by The Talking Kitchen
1 cup red quinoa ( washed )
2 cup chicken stock
1 yellow bell pepper ( diced )
1 red bell pepper (diced )
1 zucchini ( peeled and diced )
1 yellow onion ( diced )
1 carrot ( peeled and sliced thinly )
1 king oyster mushroom ( sliced )
4 cloves garlic ( peeled and smashed )
2 teaspoon EVOO
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 lemon ( juiced )
2 teaspoon of EVOO
1) Boil the chicken stock and cook the red quinoa for about 20 minutes. I chose red quinoa over the white as it has a crunchy texture.
2) Place the zucchini , bell peppers , onion , garlic , mushroom and carrot in a bowl . Mix in the herbs , salt , pepper and EVOO .
3) In a lined tray , pour in the vegetables and bake the vegetables at 170 degrees for 30 minutes. Give it a stir midway through to ensure that it is evenly cooked .
4) Prepare the dressing. Whisk the olive oil into the lemon juice. Do add it in a little lemon zest .
5) Combine the quinoa , roasted vegetables and dressing . Mix well.